Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

January 17th, 2020 04:00

Dell G3 3590 1.8.0 BIOS Firmware causing freezing after bootup

Hello,

Has anyone had issues upgrading to the 1.8.0 firmware on the Dell G3 3590? I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft and another W10 copy using Dell OS Recovery. The freezing after startup was still occurring. I narrowed the issue down to the BIOS firmware. When downgrading to 1.6.0 the laptop works just fine.

After installing some updates through windows, I noticed a Dell Firmware 1.8.0 in the list. I thought to myself, “This can’t be good.”

After a restart, the laptop flashed to 1.8.0 firmware and the freezing started again.

Dell dispatched a technician to replace the motherboard and SSD next week, ugh.

Anyone else with the same issue?

1 Message

January 25th, 2020 17:00

Mine is randomly freezing up now too, just updated bios yesterday.

11 Posts

May 6th, 2020 23:00

THANK YOU! I knew I wasn’t crazy. Dell agents in India kept insisting that there was no issue and my SSD went bad.

I told them that downgrading you 1.6.0 fixes the freezing issue.

Did you have any luck after they replaced your SSD?

11 Posts

October 4th, 2020 00:00

Any update with this? I can confirm that updating from BIOS 1.6.0 to 1.7.1 will cause the immediate freezing after the laptop boots into Windows. Sometimes the laptop will even freeze on the Dell logo screen and the loading icon will stop spinning.

I have updated every possible driver from the Dell Update application with no issue but as soon as I update the BIOS, it will always freeze when the laptop boots into Windows.

Anyone have suggestions? 

No Events found!