Thetanik
1 Copper

Dell Premium Active Pen (PN579X) and Dell XPS 13 7390

Hello! I decided to buy an Active Pen and consulted with expert of Dell. He suggested I buy a Dell Premium Active Pen (PN579X). I bought it and tried to use it. I need to download drivers for it, but when loading drivers on my laptop XPS 13 7390, the driver does not fit and I can not use the pen. I understand that guy said me wrong data but I like this pen and I want it. Maybe someone knows how to make this pen work on my laptop? Is there a solution? I do not want to return it.

Thanks so much.

6 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell Premium Active Pen (PN579X) and Dell XPS 13 7390

So we are clear, do you have the 2-in-1 version of the XPS 13 7390?  I have that PEN with my XPS 9365 2-in-1 but I do not know if it works with a normal laptop..

If you have the correct system, the button on the side will change its configuration for different screen types.  You might try holding it down for a few seconds, or whatever the instructions say to get it to change so you can verify it will or won't work in either mode.

1 Copper

Same problem here

0 Kudos
Thetanik
1 Copper

Hello! I do not have drivers for this pen. Her driver cannot find my laptop and I can’t get a full pen connection with the laptop. The screen does not respond to the tip, but responds to buttons. If the screen reacted to the tip, it would be half the trouble.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have replied to this message on a private note.

Please check and revert to us on a Private message so that we can assist you further.

Prajwal

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Junda15
2 Bronze

The active pen only works with 2 in 1 model. Dont work on clamshell model even if it is a touch screen 

0 Kudos
MankuThimma
1 Copper

@Thetanik: Did you solve this problem?  I have same 2 in 1 XPS13 (new model 7390).  I got the premium active pen (PN579X) today.  It started to work immediately.  Cheers.

0 Kudos