Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

3 Posts

October 15th, 2019 20:00

XPS 13 9350, 4 orange blinking, one white, shuts off

I have exactly the same problem as here. This is marked as solved but the solution is absolutely nothing. I go to the bios and there is absolutely no problem with the bios.

IMG_20191016_114547.jpg

What can it be? Just FYI I bought this as a refurbished computer and my model is XPS 13 9350. The warranty expired in April 2019 but I have a warranty from the store where I bought it from. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 16th, 2019 10:00

It should say Charging or Discharging under Battery image in your post, instead "Idle" listed in your image. Please installed the latest Dell Command | Power Manager from your Dell Product Support page and then change battery settings in battery app to see if it will make any difference. You could do this by entering service tag number or use the Detect PC option in the link below. 

Support | Dell US

After you installed the latest Dell Command Power Manager, right click the battery icon, hopefully you're able to see the battery app. It should look similar to the image I've posted below. If you don't see my image, expand battery information in the link below. 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

xps%20bat.png

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 16th, 2019 11:00

If changing battery settings in the battery app doesn't fix the battery problem, I'd suggest reseating the battery to see if it will get the computer to run on battery power again. You could do this by following steps below.

1. Power off computer. Remove AC adapter, all peripherals (printers, scanners or any other USB device)and then battery from computer.

2. Press and hold the power button of your computer for about 20 seconds to drain the residual power and then release

3. Replace battery, AC adapter, power on system. Hopefully computer runs normally.

Note: Please view the Service Manual in your Dell Product Support page before reseating the battery in your computer.  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

October 18th, 2019 10:00

Any update cstmgl ? 

You change battery settings in the battery app ? You reseated battery ? If yes, and you still having battery problems then it's most likely the computer needs a new battery replacement.

How to Troubleshoot Dell Laptop Battery Issues

3 Posts

October 19th, 2019 01:00

hi, first of all thanks for the descriptive feedback.

Since I still had a warranty from the store where I bought it from I just took it there and they sent it back to their service center, I'll have it back in one week.

But honestly, I believe this is something that I could have fixed myself.

I did not try the power management tool because I formated the hardrive and installed Linux on it, so I don't really know where to use that tool.

I had read about the removing the battery and drain the power but I did not want to do that because the battery is not really easily accessible I had to remove the cover, and I did not want to do that while still in the warranty.

It just gets me really confused why I get the 4 orange and 1 white blicking lights but the BIOS setup indicates no problem. Is this warning also not managed by the BIOS?

By the way, I strongly believe that probably the guys that sold me the laptop since it's refurbished they might have replaced the battery with one non-dell battery and that's why the computer is complaining.

When I have it back I'll try to confirm that the battery is an official one from Dell (If I can figure that out).

I will update once I get it back. Thanks for the enquire though.

regards,

No Events found!