Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 10th, 2018 01:00

XPS 13 9360, switching from sleep to hibernation, black screen

My xps13 9360 can resume perfectly if I put it in sleep mode for a short time or if send it into hibernation mode. However, if it goes into sleep mode for a time long enough (> 30 minutes) then it switches automatically from sleep to hibernation. When I power it up it resumes stuck on a blank screen and the only way out is a hard power reset pressing the power button for long enough.

This happens systematically since 1 week and I cannot associate it with any upgrade or modification of the system.

The laptop has the latest bios, version 2.6.2, and all the latest drivers according to Dell Command Update. I'm using an updated version of the OEM OS Windows 10 Pro. I'm using the the default Dell power setting, selected by the following procedure:
From "Power & sleep", click "Additional power settings", select "Dell" plan, click "Change plan settings", click "Restore default settings for this plan".

Help would be much appreciated.

9.4K Posts

May 10th, 2018 06:00

Hi Francesc0,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

The XPS 9360 and 9365 support "adaptive hibernate", so the system will automatically enter into "Hibernate" after being in sleep for a period of time and can cause the resume time to be longer than expected. Adaptive hibernate is one of new features for modern standby supported platforms.

This can be disabled.  Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Resume time from sleep is longer than expected on XPS 9365 and 9360

Please contact me by Private Message if you need additional assistance.  Thanks.

No Events found!