Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

May 2nd, 2020 02:00

Dell XPS 13 9360 screen flickers when connected to external monitor

Hi, I am having an issue where when an external monitor is connected to my laptop, both the external monitor and the laptops display go black for a few seconds periodically. The external monitor in a 1920x1080 monitor connected via a USB-C to HDMI cable. My research so far leads me to believe that it is a power issue related to the network adapter, which is why many of the things I tried involved the network adapter.

I have tried a few things so far:

I have updated all drivers and the bios. I even tried uninstalling the windows driver and installing the driver from killer networking's website, as well as their killer control center.

Windows is up to date.

I have run network, network adapter, and power troubleshooters that found no issues.

I connected the display and cable to another laptop and it worked fine, so the issue is definitely with the laptop.

In network adapter properties I have tried all levels of roaming aggressiveness with no effect.

In power settings and wireless adapter settings, I have tried all power levels with no effect.

I have tried all refresh rates and resolutions on the external monitor with no effect.

I am out of ideas and can not find anything online that solves this issue, so I would appreciate some help with solving this problem.

May 23rd, 2020 12:00

My 9360 has a similar problem. I connect it through it's thunderbolt to an LG UltraFine 5K display. The display flickers every few seconds. 

I connected an HP EliteBook to the same display and it drove it fine. 

No Events found!