Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2018 05:00

XPS 13 9370, gets extremely hot

Hi,

I purchased a new Dell XPS 13 9370 and whenever I connect it to the charger, the fans starts kicking really hard for no reason. the computer feels uncomfortably hot and whenever I installed intel extreme tuning utility it shows me very disturbing data. The computer reached 94 celsius ! just from opening google chrome! the fan make a lot of noise and it feels like the laptop is about to explode every moment! In addition I did not receive a fingerprint reader for some reason although this laptop is the newest version and I paid for the premium version (i7 - 8550U, 16 GB Ram, 512 SSD, 4K). In addition the left "ctrl" button is not straight and it seems somehow broken.
This is very unpleasing to receive such a expensive laptop in this odd way. Battery is not charging and the fans wont stop working super hard and make ALOT of noise. Please tell me what to do I am using this laptop for 2 days already and it is getting very very very hot.  
Thanks in advance,
Eran

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

September 23rd, 2018 08:00

Best bet:  contact Dell to have the system declared DOA and replaced (assuming you purchased from Dell USA, you can do that within 30 days of shipment).

If you purchased elsewhere, contact your seller or your local Dell office to ascertain your options.

The fingerprint reader-on button is optional - it's not standard on all of these, even the premium ones.  And I believe you'll find that the option is available only on systems purchased through Dell Business - not through Dell Home.

No Events found!