Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

March 17th, 2019 21:00

XPS 13 9365 2-in-1, power button, not waking

Hi all,

The problem is when the system shuts off, if i click the power button first time, the system just displays the dell logo and stays the same for some time and goes off. When I again click the power button, It works fine. 

Solutions Tried:

1. Complete Reset the laptop done

2. Updated the Windows up-to-date

Still the problem persists. 

Please provide some solutions.

Regards,

Vijay GPS

• 

17K Posts

March 18th, 2019 08:00

VijayGPS,

Update the system bios on the computer from the link below.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message as well as your Registered name
Email address
Phone number

2 Posts

March 24th, 2019 23:00

Hi

Thanks for the input.  But I tried installing the driver and restarted the system. Still issue exists.

By the way, The system shuts off if left idle. So i tried turning off auto shut down from run. I don't know that is also not working out. I formatted entire system and tried again. No use. 

Why it is stuck with DELL logo when i press the power button first? but when i shut off again by pressing power button and press it again, it starts fine. 

Regards,

Vijay GPS

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 26th, 2019 07:00

Please disconnect the power cord, press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Remove all external devices like a printer, docking station. Connect the power cord back in & start the computer, tap f12 & follow the instructions here to run a hardware diagnostic

When the system is stuck at the Dell logo, what is the status of the power button led does it blink amber or is it solid white?

Have you made any hardware changes like upgrading the hard drive or made changes in BIOS?

Please set BIOS to defaults & check if the issue persists. Have you observed any heating issues with the system?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.         

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!