Start a Conversation

Unsolved

X

2 Posts

July 31st, 2019 10:00

Dell XPS 15 9550 FACTORY DEFECT - Battery swelling

Hi,

Reading through the threads I saw a lot of users are affected by this defect which was acknowledged by DELL but as I can see through the other user threads the free replacement of the DEFECTIVE batteries had ended.

For that price tag and the brand DELL should care more about their customers even if the Service has ended.

I wouldn't have written anything on this community IF I WAS USING THE BATTERY AT ALL, THE LAPTOP IS USED AS A WORKSTATION FOR 99% OF THE TIME! Instead I would have gone the dell Products page and ordered a replacement of a new battery if the battery is drained and used, as a normal flow of things. I already had a replacement of the battery last year, but this year happened again.

Even if I wanted to buy a new battery, how this next battery will be better than the one that i have currently in my laptop??

I would understand a performance drop on a battery from usage but not swelling, which is a factory defect.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-offers-to-replace-swelling-XPS-15-9550-batteries-for-free-even-if-out-of-warranty.247546.0.html

July 31st, 2019 10:00

IMG_20190731_185727.jpg

July 15th, 2020 05:00

Vote in change.org against Dell for Defective Batteries

No Events found!