MarkStoakes
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 15 9560 Fan Always On and Always Loud

I have tried some of the suggestions here but the fan keeps running. 

I tried Full diagnostics. This did identity several drives and BIOS upgrades. BIOS upgrades took three cycles and this resulted in a second round of driver updates. After this the fan does seem to be able to run at a lower speed - previously it was either off or on full. So perhaps running a full diagnostic + the required upgrades has helped. Allow at least an hour to do that.

At the moment I have only Google Chrome open and the fan is running, but at a slower speed, so far less noisy.

0 Kudos
StefanUK
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 15 9560 Fan Always On and Always Loud

Try installing the Dell Power Manager and adjust the Heat Control to Silent. This dramatically reduced fan noice on my dell xps 15 9560 from 2017.

First, install the Dell Power Manager Service (DPM) 3.0 from Dell's website (link to Danish version, you should be able to change language in the footer). It's a 13.78 MB driver file. During installation you'll be told to download the "Dell Power Manager" from the Microsoft Store. 

Open the Microsoft Store (app comes with Windows 10) and search for "Dell Power Manager". 

Install the app, run it, navigate to "Heat Control" and adjust to "Silent".

Try it out.

0 Kudos