Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Dell XPS 15 9560 Incredibly slow with every program with fresh install AND s

Jump to solution

exactly the same problem as u , with this <Profanity removed> xps 15 , u cant do 2 thing at same time , take forever to open up anything , the most expensive computer i own , and still using old phenom 2 10 years old , beat my laptop at any task .

but ya screen got a nice resolution . next time im just buying a screen ,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Dell XPS 15 9560 Incredibly slow with every program with fresh install AND s

Jump to solution

Well it's been almost a year now and I'm back after receiving no effective support on this. I extended my warranty but still nothing. I've wasted my time with multiple "live support" sessions where they just uninstall my programs and defrag my hard drive which of course does nothing but piss me off. This is really my last plea to Dell to honor their brand before I'm done.

This is in the top 5 worst purchases I've made. The system operates at 10% capacity and this global brand is incapable of addressing it. Shameful 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Fajiggles i'm sorry to hear of your ongoing problem. I'll respond to your last private message and we can go from there.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Just to update everyone on the fix for this issue, it is still ongoing (happy one year anniversary). I have sent my laptop into Dell for repair, but they located physical damage to the top left corner of the palm rest and are returning it to me. We have agreed that I will replace the palm rest myself at my expense and then send it back to Dell again for the actual repair.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Just thought I would add my comments, having had my refurbished XPS 9560 for around 18 months. I noticed the lag almost straight away, with no software installed, just the bloatware from Dell. The issue was worse when connected to an external 4k screen (either by USB C or HDMI).

First I upgraded the memory to 32 GB, then updated the SSD (Samsung SSD 970 Pro), which seemed to improve things (though maybe this was a placebo). Today, I finally changed out the Wifi card from the Killer to an Intel AX200. That said, I'm still experiencing lags...

All the old tricks have been tried (though the intel drivers from Dell are only a few months old, so are they really still the issue). When downloading the Intel Extreme tuning the Turbo Power Max is set to 45 w, so it isn't that. I tried disabling C states in the BIOS, no change. Power mode is set to 100%, and am plugged in.

When there is a lag, I immediately open task manager, and I can see something flashing at 100% CPU (usually system interrupts). Today even edge started crashing for no apparent reason (annoyingly whilst writing this out).

Ideally what I would like to do is enable some sort of logging to try and pin this down to a process. Any suggestions. My newer XPS 9370 is much better in comparison, and I might have to start using that as my daily driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hey,

I had the exact same problem. I found a tip to reconnect battery pack =

"The only thing which helped me: I took the laptop apart and disconnected the battery (Li-Ion accumulator) of the notebook wait a minute and connect again, and voila - it performs again!"

Worked like a charm.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos