ChadGreenblatt
1 Copper

Dell XPS 15 9560 Scrolling not working

Switched on laptop today and 2 finger scrolling and zoom are not working

Soltions I have tried

• Updating Driver in Device Manager
  • uninstalling driver in device manager
  • Running supportassist
  • entering "missing" registery for mouclass (it was already there?..)
  • running multiple online driver scanners
  • checking for all updates

in device manager under mouse there is only "ps/2 compatible mouse" and there is no device for HID compatible touchpad etc 

any help very much appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
breinersj
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 15 9560 Scrolling not working

I had the same problem... on a Latitude e7470... just in the last several days. I uninstalled/reinstalled the Dell Touchpad (via device manager), and that fixed it for a few minutes and then reverted to not working. I think it re-broke when a web site (Gmail in my case) that uses gestures displayed in my browser.

I was able to get scrolling working by completely uninstalling the Dell driver via Device Manager AND the Dell Touchpad application (via) "Apps & features" in Windows settings - then rebooting. This apparently lets the machine use the native Windows touchpad drivers - and 2-finger scrolling now works on my machine (but pinch zoom/unzoom only works when I hold down the CTRL key).

I believe this is a bug in the Dell Touchpad driver - which I hope they'll fix), but barring that, I think I'll have scrolling if I keep the Dell drivers from re-installing.

Cheers, and hope this helps.

0 Kudos
breinersj
1 Copper

Just a correction to my earlier reply...

It's not actually, "(but pinch zoom/unzoom only works when I hold down the CTRL key)" 

I should have said (but only CTRL + two-finger-scrolling works for zoom/unzoom).

Sorry for any confusion....

0 Kudos
lan1991008
3 Argentum

Reinstall the program, or reinstall the system.

0 Kudos