Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

5 Posts

October 16th, 2018 14:00

Dell XPS 15 9560 + TB16 dock issues(USB Ethernet)

I'm having issues getting the dock to work with the laptop. I've done all the driver updates. I've done this a couple of times and even tried with the Dell system update and have it check the drivers for me. The video seems to work but the dock's usb and ethernet connection are not seen by the laptop. I'm using Win 10 (1803)

I've also notice that there is an unknown device that shows ASMedia USB which I'm sure should be installed. I'll attach a screenshot.

Unknown_Device_XPS9560-TB16.jpg

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

October 16th, 2018 16:00

Do you have Citrix Receiver installed?  Old versions of that application create conflicts with the ASMedia USB host controller driver, which will cause issues with both the USB ports and the Ethernet interface, since the Ethernet interface runs over USB inside the dock.  Video works because that's carried over Thunderbolt as native DisplayPort traffic, so issues with USB wouldn't affect it.  The fix is to install a later version of Citrix Receiver, which can be downloaded for free.  Dell has a KB article with more information including that download link here: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln306154/tb16-and-tb18-dc-dock-losing-connection-to-peripherals-and-network-on-reboot-with-citrix-receiver-client-software-installed?lang=en

5 Posts

November 7th, 2018 08:00

I do have Citrix Receiver installed. If that's the case that makes sense. I work in a corporate environment so I'll have to bring this up to our IT engineering team to see if they can packaged and push out the new version of Citrix to see if that fixes it. Thanks for the info!
No Events found!