XPS

Last reply by 11-17-2020 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell XPS 15 9570 - Network card, Windows 10 power management

Hi, 

I am trying to deactivate the power save mode on my Realtek USB GbE Family Controller, since after a while I loose the internet connections, but I can't find any option neither in the proprierties of the network card in 'device manager' (I can't see any power option menù) or the advanced options of power and sleep menù. 

I remember that before reinstalling the system I had a wide selection of options (PCI express, Hard Drive, Monitor, etc). It is no longer available. How can I get it back?

Any support would be warmly appreciated. 

Best.
D.

Replies (3)

Hello, damianop. 

Please try going to the Device Manager, right-click on the device, and go to Properties, then look for the Power Management tab, and disable the ¨Allow computer to turn off this device to save power¨ option. 
If this does not work, please make sure to use the PC on High Performance Power Options. 

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

Hi, related to the Network Card there isn't any "Power Management Tab", look at this: https://app.box.com/s/ror8pxg71zcuoujivctipz472576mker What I did is disabling Wake on pattern match Wake on Magic Packet Wake on link change in the advanced menù: https://app.box.com/s/qcveij6f6cjtzlrtpsjnnbl16fhx2raw But for the Killer 1535 Wireless Network Adapter I have not a similar option and there is not any Power management tab in its contextual properties. So, let's see what happen now. Best. D.

Hi everyone, 

the procedure above disables the sleep mode of the Network Card and it worked for me.

Anyway it follows a link to reinstall the power options missing in Windows, it can be useful if you don't find the power options for your Network Card:

Windows Power options missing 1903

Best.

D.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor