Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

3 Posts

June 3rd, 2020 07:00

Dell XPS 15 9570 laptop stutters and lags constantly

I've only had this machine for about a year and for some reason it has been incredibly slow and laggy, and the whole screen sometimes just freezes for a few seconds. Youtube videos also take quite some time to load and the video ends up being quite choppy.

This is exacerbated if I'm running a game such as Apex Legends or Rocket League, which ran fine last year. I've updated everything from my NVIDIA drivers to my BIOS software, so I would appreciate any help in terms of why its performance is so bad.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2020 08:00

Laptops rarely if ever have driver updates. If you made the mistake of updating drivers from any other manufacturer, get the correct drivers from Dell Downloads and install them. See it that helps. Dell customizes drivers for your exact model. If ever there is an update, it must come from Dell. Sign up for any updates on the Dell Drivers page-- https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers

27 Posts

June 3rd, 2020 11:00

Yep, mine started doing the same thing.  

It's good though - I showed it to my boss, and now I have a nice shiny Lenovo Y740 on my desk instead of the 9570 lemon.

Anyone want to buy a lemon that doesn't sleep properly?

3 Posts

June 4th, 2020 22:00

thanks but it was recommended i download nvidia drivers as well since it has a namesake gpu card, ive not downloaded anything else from any other sources

June 9th, 2020 08:00

I got exactly the same problem has you.

I got 3 screen, and i see that when i play game, the Nvidia GPU is to 99 % and when it's start lagging the GPU is about 60%, sometime the intel GPU start growing to 80% - 100 %.

I update my video card driver, reduce my graphic nothing solve the problem.

The problem seen to be random! Sometime everything going well, and other time lagging enought that the game is unplayable.

When it's lagging a lot, and i quit the game, my pc continue to lagging 5 minutes after.

I got a XPS 15 with 32 G of ram and SSD drive.

Everything is ok on the side of the hardware.

What's going wrong ?

3 Posts

June 11th, 2020 01:00

yeah no idea either mine lags for a minute, at first i thought it was my internet but even al-tabbing or swiping screens looks choppy af
No Events found!