Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

3 Posts

July 16th, 2020 00:00

Dell XPS 15 not booting from hibernation/sleep mode

Hi guys,

I am having problem with my laptop. When I close the lid and turn it back on it doesn't boot past the dell logo. I have tried everything I found relating to this online but nothing worked. So I restored it to a previous state and it worked fine. The issue now is that the laptop eventually updates automatically and the same issue repeats itself. I have done this a few times now and it has become frustrating. Can someone please tell me how to either solve this problem permanently or prevent the laptop from updating automatically (including the request to update when shutting down)? All the updates from the last few months have been leading to the same issue. 

Thanks.

3 Posts

July 24th, 2020 18:00

@HashObjI have exactly the same issue and I agree than this problem came in with an update. What kind of update do you believe is causing the issue? A windows update or a Dell update?

3 Posts

July 24th, 2020 23:00

@SteveWork, I believe it’s a Windows update problem. However, I think there’s something peculiar to the dell laptop that triggers it. 

2 Posts

March 15th, 2021 07:00

I have the same issue.  Have you guys gotten a resolution?  I had to take hte battery out and hard boot it to get it to work again.  This is the second time in the last 2 months.

No Events found!