Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

2 Posts

September 30th, 2019 18:00

Dell XPS Faulty Repair, expired Warranty

I bought my XPS 15 last year, in August 2018, through Dell. Around 2 months after purchase, my charging port was faulty and the computer would not charge consistently. Dell said it was a hardware issue, so I sent it into repairs with the 1 year Dell Warranty and sent the computer in for repairs. 

After 3 weeks, my computer was returned to me, and the issue seemed like it was resolved. However, around May 2019, the issue had returned slightly, and recently, the issue has worsened, and the computer will not charge unless I sit and wiggle the charger in multiple angles. Even when charging, it is very slow and will stop charging if the charging port angle is changed.

The repair that Dell provided me in November was a faulty repair that only temporarily fixed the issue. The problem is back and worse than before. 

I emailed Dell, but they disregarded the part about the previous repair and sent me a list of out-of-warranty repair options that do not address the faulty repair made prior to the warranty expiring.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue with Dell repair center and the charging port, and any advice for next step would be appreciated

No Responses!
No Events found!