Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

October 5th, 2020 11:00

Dell XPS?

The number of ridiculous problems I've had with this $1200 laptop is beyond astounding.  My bluetooth is an absolute joke, my speakers make a weird static noise every so often for no apparent reason, the tablet mode is terrible, the trackpad is terribly unreliable and doesn't seem to understand what I do and don't want to click on, the return policy on this laptop is also a quite un-hilarious joke that traps customers, the fans run way too high for some reason even though I'm literally running MS Word & Excel and even though I have had someone remotely try and fix these issues (that no other laptop I've ever used has experienced because well, frankly its 2020 and if there are problems with a laptop, it shouldn't be such basic things like the trackpad, bluetooth and fans) I still find myself with the same under-performing, overwhelmingly disappointing, sorry excuse for a laptop.  There are loads of other issues I have with this trash piece of hardware/software and I am genuinely pissed that I paid this much money for a "laptop".  At this point, I'd probably be better off using a TI-84 as my laptop than this thing. 0/10. I do not recommend this laptop for anyone who values reliability, functionality and quality customer service.  When I'm shelling out twelve hundred dollars for a laptop and it turns out to be a functioning nightmare, I don't care if it's been two days or one hundred a company that has faith in its own product should know that this level of performance is unacceptable, but i guess i shouldn't expect too much from the corporate buffoons who refer to themselves as Dell. 

Unless you like to gamble with your $1200 laptop, I highly recommend looking to anyone else for a laptop.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 5th, 2020 19:00

1. The number of ridiculous problems I've had with this $1200 laptop is beyond astounding.

2. At this point, I'd probably be better off using a TI-84

==============================

1. What model XPS laptop do you have?

Does it pass (F12 on boot) ePSA Diags?

Are you running the latest BIOS ?

2. I think you mean a TI-99 ... the TI-99/4a was my first computer. But the Amiga-500 was the best and my favorite from back then (also not a laptop).

No Events found!