Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2020 12:00

Dell xps 4k 9300 (2020) Netflix quality

The quality of Netflix on the laptop is horrible. While on YouTube is acceptable. Any help how could i fix this?

i set Netflix video quality to hight . Tried hdr on and off.

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

July 10th, 2020 13:00

@Ramboo1  Have you read the Netflix article about watching 4K on a PC here?  There are specific requirements about that.  If that doesn't help, you'll have to be a bit more specific as to exactly what you mean by "horrible quality".

2 Posts

July 10th, 2020 17:00

I got the Netflix premium account. yes, the picture quality is now better. but I can't use the HDR option still. as the brightness fluctuations that happens hurts the eye while watching and make the watching experience not as good as expected.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

July 10th, 2020 18:00

@Ramboo1  Are you using the Netflix app or Edge browser?  That's another requirement for watching 4K Netflix on a Windows PC.  But if the issue is brightness, then I'm not really sure what to suggest here.  One of the selling points of HDR is a much higher peak brightness than SDR content in order to make certain effects more realistic, like lightning flashes, explosions, etc. that actually would be quite brighter than their surrounding elements in real life.  But if that creates an unpleasant viewing experience for you, then it's possible that viewing things HDR just isn't a better experience for you personally, just as some people don't like 3D, for example.  I don't know of a way to watch HDR content in a way that uses the broader color palette but caps peak brightness.  And actually I'm surprised you're having this issue viewing HDR on a laptop display, since laptop displays still can't get anywhere near bright enough to do justice to HDR content.  You still need a pretty high-end and expensive TV to view HDR properly.  The low-end TVs that claim HDR support typically can't present high brightness segments well.  For example, have a 75" Sony Z9D TV that is excellent at HDR brightness, but it was quite expensive.

No Events found!