Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2021 03:00

Dell xps 9710 audio buzz problem

Hello, in random way during audio/video playback there is a buzz. It seems like a latency problem but I can't be sure.

Here the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgB2f1Nww5SzSLV7rx2MMO0kltiERSjL/view?usp=sharing

I tried to update to last drivers, disable some sarvices (as I have seen in some posts), reinstall windows, but with no results. The buzzing randomly happens.

Can it be a hardware or software problem?

Other 9710 users with the same problem?

Thank you very much. Andrea

October 17th, 2021 11:00

Update. The problem is solved. I re-install again Windows, but not from recovery partition, but with a clean install, with a bootable usb pen with Windows build with Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Installing Window in this way I discover that in Bios  in storage section there was a Raid configuration instead of AHCI (faccory settings, absurd but it was so). So I change this setting to AHCI. After installing the operating system and drivers, the audio problems no longer occurred. Hope this helps someone else. Thnak you

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

I played the clip but really can't make out for certain what is happening.

I doubt latency is the cause of a hum/buzz.

Does this happen when only on battery?  

Do you have any other device connected with its own AC power supply?

More questions than answer.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

Uninstalled Waves MaxxAudio Pro based on Reddit forum answer, the sound never became an issue again. 

October 12th, 2021 04:00

Hello. It happen in both mode, AC power and battery.

October 12th, 2021 04:00

Hello, I read Reddit forum, I uninstalled Waves MaxxAudio Pro, but for me doesn't change, the problem is still present.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 12th, 2021 06:00

Waves MaxxAudio Pro is needed for audio jack detection and other audio functions  Its not a cause of hum.

Is the noise on all audio?  Or only audio from internet, for example.  Does it happen with just the internal speakers or only with external speakers?  I couldn't make out exactly what the hum is but what I did hear sounds like a bad/open ground connection.  I have a recording studio and deal with audio on a regular basis and it sounds like I noted bad/open ground connection.

October 12th, 2021 06:00

The problem is with internal speakers and headphones. So far I have only tested with youtube and netfilx so online streaming. Now I'm testing play audio from mp3 on disk (no internet streaming). 

October 12th, 2021 09:00

When I play a video on VLC or Windows Media Player, when I change the position in the timeline I hear a pop, also when closing the player while running. In VLC espcially when stop and restar playing the audio has a delay and sometimes audio start with high frequencies and then with full audio. All drivers are updated. 

October 12th, 2021 12:00

Using LatencyMon discover that there are driver generating audio latency, im my case acpi.sys and storport.sys.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 12th, 2021 13:00

Disable the Dell Support assist and then restart PC (to remove traces of it).  Run Latency mon again and see how it acts.

Pops, crackles etc has been an issue on many (all brands not just Dell) for a long time.  No one fix, but Support Assist has caused some.  Wi-Fi is another known cause on some. 

Remove unneeded start up programs.

October 13th, 2021 08:00

I tried also uninstalling Dell Support Assist, the latency and audio pop and buzz are still here.

I tried also tweaks found on the web, the situation improves only a little. My 9560 doesn't have this problems. Thanks for the help anyway

No Events found!