Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

May 14th, 2018 14:00

XPS 13 9350, audio stuttering, external Bluetooth speakers

Hi all,

I have had this issue for a while now and all my efforts to rectify the problem have come to naught! I have searched online and various forums to resolve the issue and I have tried ALL the suggestions and fixes, updating drivers, restarting audio services, turning off audio enhancements in Maxx audio, and various other bits and pieces but annoyingly the problem persists.

I have narrowed it down to the laptop (I can play audio through my external bluetooth speakers with my phone and tablet without any problems)

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Message

November 26th, 2021 08:00

Fix for me:  Go to add/remove programs.  Search for the WIDCOMM bluetooth software and uninstall it.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 15th, 2018 05:00

Hi expeeses,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing well with your external speakers.

In order to investigate further, it would be helpful to know the name and brand of bluetooth speakers you are attempting to connect with, and the operating system of your computer.

(edited)

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

May 15th, 2018 13:00

Fyi, the fact that your Bluetooth speakers work with other devices doesn't rule out a compatibility issue between your particular PC (or specific Bluetooth adapter) and your particular Bluetooth speakers, so it is not necessarily the case that "it really does not matter what Bluetooth external speakers you are using".  That was an entirely reasonable question for someone to ask.

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices paired to your PC?  If so, have you tried unpairing them and testing while connected only to the speakers.

22 Posts

May 15th, 2018 13:00

Hello,

Thanks for replying, however, as I have already pointed out it really does not matter which bluetooth external speakers I am using because I can use my mobile phone and tablet with them (using bluetooth) without any problems -  it is only when I use the laptop that I get the stuttering and jumping, so, again, as I have already pointed out, the problem is with the laptop NOT the speakers.

However, for your information the speakers I am using: Samsung soundbar HWJ450 and the operating system on my Dell laptop is Windows 10 (pre loaded)

Hopefully, this further information will enable you to provide a solution to this problem.

Best regards.

22 Posts

May 16th, 2018 11:00

Hi,

Okay, I take your point, however, the thing is, until recently (sometime last year) the audio from my laptop worked perfectly through my Samsung blue tooth speakers, then suddenly the stuttering and jumping started, and as previously stated, I've tried various suggestions and tips that people have recommended but to no avail.

I'm beginning to suspect a Windows or possibly a Dell update but I don't know enough about that sort of thing to pinpoint a possible culprit!

Best regards...

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 17th, 2018 03:00

Also, other users have reported success by removing Dell SupportAssist, were you able to try that?  How about the most recent Windows updates?  Were you able to remove those as well?

(edited)

3 Posts

September 7th, 2020 06:00

I've had the same problem for several months. Did you find the cause of problem and solution?

22 Posts

September 7th, 2020 16:00

Hi, well, It's some time ago and I can't honestly say how the fix came about, however, it only happened when I was in Spain with my Samsung soundbar HWJ450 using iTunes audio player on my Dell XPS 13 9350 laptop - It could have been a Realtek driver or if you are using the iTunes player try this:

>Edit>Preferences>Playback>Play audio using>In the dropdown menu select>Direct sound>Restart iTunes and see if this solves the issue.

3 Posts

September 8th, 2020 02:00

My headphones work with other devices.

They also worked in this laptop.

Another headphones also don't work via bluetooth in my laptop.

3 Posts

September 8th, 2020 02:00

It didn't help me.

I have this same problem in iTunes and other players or websites.

22 Posts

September 8th, 2020 13:00

Sorry, I can't be of more help - I don't think I found a solution online or through the Dell community, It was something simple, possibly like the direct sound in the iTunes player. However, I shan't know for certain that it still works until I'm back out in Spain, and I don't think that will be any time soon!! 

1 Message

December 27th, 2020 18:00

Hello, I've just tried to connect my new Bluetooth earbuds.  I'm connected over Bluetooth  to my XPS13 9350 but the audio is stuttered, halting and completely unworkable.   Can you suggest ways to solve this?    I've checked all the Bluetooth drivers and they're all up to date.    I look forward to hearing from you.  Thank you!

1 Message

March 11th, 2022 13:00

@unclebob2000 This fix worked for me - finally after hours of search. I literally just signed up to this site only to say thank you, so THANK YOU! 

March 25th, 2022 05:00

Also worked for me!

1 Message

January 25th, 2024 07:29

Another positive reply to @unclebob2000 answer. Fix to remove WIDCOMM bluetooth software solved my stuttering bluetooth audio (streaming from spotify to a jbl bluetooth speaker). NOTHING else worked, I updated everything that was possible.

So, thank you guys. Special thanks to @unclebob2000 

(i also just signed up to say thank you and especially to CONFIRM the solution provided. At least this I can give back to the community)

(edited)

No Events found!