Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

September 26th, 2018 09:00

For anybody considering buying a Dell XPS

I've previously owned one of the first model XPS laptops, I had it for 10 years and it was amazing!  2 years ago I attempted to order a new one, it was faulty and returned for refund...I decided when I saw the new model a few months ago I would give Dell another chance as the machine looked great and the reviews had been pretty good.  This was a huge mistake:

I purchased an XPS, nearly 12 weeks later I do not have a functioning laptop (despite Dell shipping two different machines out) and I am yet to be refunded.    

First XPS: faulty fan (sounded like a jet engine), performance issues, disk issues (kept blue screening with I/O errors)

Second replacement XPS: none of the issue of the first machine - great! however could only be used when it wasn't plugged in as when the AC was connected there was a high pitched scratching/buzzing noise from the top left area of motherboard

Dell were notified within a couple of days of delivery of the issues on both occasions.  For both systems there was near endless and completely pointless "tech support" and troubleshooting, including sending recordings to Dell.  

I have received zero Next Business Day support.

Dell have scheduled collection on 5 dates for the 2nd machine.  They have not arrived to collect the laptop on any of these dates.  I have repeatedly requested escalation of the issue without success.  I have repeatedly requested a complaint reference, which support staff refuse to provide.

Dell Support staff are now regularly emailing with useful updates such as "...collection team confirmed that it is booked for collection however it was failed.  Even yesterday the collection was arranged however it failed again. I need to check with collections team for the reason for failed collection" - this useful information was given with no explanation/apology.

83 emails later (including one which was sent to me in error containing a significant amount of personal data for another customer) and I've had no laptop for nearly 12 weeks, am down €1,449.00 and have suffered considerable personal and financial issues due to the mistake I made in purchasing an XPS from Dell.

65 Posts

December 27th, 2020 00:00

If you purchased with a credit card (visa, mastercard, amex), you may have purchase protection. contact your card if you did and see what kind of guarantees they may add to your purchases. amex at least where i live has a 6 months purchase protection.

i am about to do the same if they don't resolve my issues with my xps 9310 before 2021. the laptop does not function as advertised.

No Events found!