Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

December 15th, 2018 00:00

XPS 12 9Q33, freezes on startup

Every time i startup my XPS 12 9Q33, the dell logo appears and the circling dot pattern begins below, before the system freezes. If i then hold the physical power switch in the 'engaged' position for between 4 to 10 seconds the system shuts down. Weirdly then on the next attempted startup i don't have any problem and the system functions normally. Any suggestions? I ran f12 - diagnostics. No known problems 

• 

25.7K Posts

December 17th, 2018 07:00

Hi, Maliyan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It could be an operating system issue. Please let us know the operating system installed and whether there were any software or hardware changes on the system so that we can check and assist you. Also, see that there are No external devices are connected to the system.

In addition, I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, press the button.
  4. Press the Apply button and exit to restart the computer.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (DCFAdmin) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

- Ravi

3 Posts

December 17th, 2018 14:00

Thanks DCF. It's running Windows 10 Home (upgraded around a year ago)  No peripherals. Not aware of any new software . Have reset defaults as suggested  No changes unfortunately 

Ps i sent u pm. If the system doesn't auto email me when/if you reply pls let me know in here. Thanks so much 

No Events found!