Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Rookie

• 

26 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 21:00

How long would a DELL OEM Battery XPS in warehouse last?

I'm extremely happy with my six year old Dell XPS 13 L322X laptop. Really fast and reliable.

So, I decided to replace the battery in my Dell XPS 13 L322X as it was six years old and only
holding a charge less than two hours. So I ordered a new one OEM one from Newegg.

OEM Genuine Original Y9N00 Battery DELL XPS 13 47WH 13-L322X

My question is; How long would a DELL OEM Battery XPS stored in warehouse last if five years old? I'm hoping it hasn't aged just sitting and not being used? IF it is not going to give me more than four hours, The Dell reviews say the battery should last 4-7 hours with medium use, but that was brand new at the time. I may just send it back before opening the package, or if someone answers quick enough, I'll cancel the order.

Thanks in advance!

147 Posts

March 23rd, 2019 09:00

I don't think anyone can tell you how long the replacement battery will last with your usage. But lithium batteries do lose capacity just by virtue of age alone -- even if they've never been used. I once purchased a replacement battery for a very old Macbook Pro. The battery showed a manufacturing date that was three years old, so I exchanged it. The second one was two years old. I kept that one since I doubted I'd find anything better.

No Events found!