Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

8 Posts

February 10th, 2020 08:00

How to file a complaint to Dell Corporate?

I bought a brand new Dell XPS 7590 and this is the worst decision of my life.

Only few months old, and after a mother board replacement, the problem still exist and some more. The technician who came to service the laptop, forgot to tighten all the screws so now there's a big gap between the base plate and the unit so I cannot insert flash drive or SD card to the unit. I also have this new problem: My power button is getting stuck and my laptop would only power on periodically. 

After few hours and tossed around to at least 10 Dell support people, they promised to send a "senior technician" to replace the mother board once again and a power button assembly. To my complete disappointment, the same technician called this morning, trying to confirm the appointment.

I bought a brand new computer and not a refurbished. Though I should have bought refurbished and saved bunch of money or better yet, some other brand altogether.

Back to my original question, is there a number for Dell Corporate office to file my complaint or my only option is  Better Business Bureau?

• 

25.7K Posts

February 10th, 2020 09:00

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I apologize for the unpleasant experience you have had with the system.

This is not what we want our customers to go through. Having said that, I notice this case is being handled by our Escalation team. They are the highest point of contact to have this sorted out for you. I’ll request you to reply to their email and continue working with them until issue resolution.

Dell-KughaluA
Social Media Team

8 Posts

February 10th, 2020 10:00

Thank-you for your reply.

I feel like I got ripped off by Dell. There are plenty of refurbished XPS offered by Dell time to time, with better specs at the fraction of the price. I bought brand new XPS because I didn't wanted the hassle and issues of stuff not working properly with refurbished units, though the same things are happening to my new laptop anyways. Practically every part has been changed in my unit and it's only been few months. Who knows how the new parts will perform as my laptop has been serviced twice. I believe I should get my unit replaced with new laptop or at least an extended warranty.

8 Posts

February 10th, 2020 11:00

Just got my mother board replaced for the second time and to my surprised it is "refurbished" part. I bought my laptop brand new, why my replacement parts are refurbished? 

8 Posts

February 10th, 2020 15:00

After couple of private messages which they initiated, I received the following from Dell-cares. 

Date: 02-10-2020 02:44 PM

Hi,

As mentioned in our previous message, the case is with our Escalation team and I'll not be able to further assist you.

Please reach out to them for any further concern.

BUYERS BEWARE. Dell doesn't care about their customer. They only care about their bottom line.

8 Posts

February 10th, 2020 15:00

@ZeeVeeA few points:

1. Always buy Certified Refurb or Scratch and Dent units off the Dell Outlet site. I've been doing this for the past 15+ years and have never once had a problem. And as you rightly point out, the discounts are significant compared to new. I think the biggest issue I've had with any system has been a fan replacement in one, and a power supply replacement after years of use in another. If you have any issue with anything purchased off the outlet website, they take care of you no different than a purchaser of new equipment. My sister purchased a high-end Alienware laptop about 6 months ago, had problems upon receipt. They shipped her a replacement that was even better than what she purchased.

2. As far as using refurb parts even in a new machine - unfortunately, this is the way the world works these days, no matter what product we are talking about. The folks in the auto industry have done this for ages. They are always using refurbished/rebuilt parts - even if you bring your brand new car in for service.

3. As frustrated as you understandably are, Dell does care about their customers. You may have just been unlucky thus far. Hopefully it will go better from here and they'll get your laptop issues resolved. Don't give up hope, I'm quite sure they will take care of you.

Best regards.

8 Posts

February 10th, 2020 16:00

@rsinj @Thank-you for the encouragement buddy. I hope so too

I have been using Dell for years without any glitches and have always recommended my clients and friends to them. This time around, I'm not quite happy with them. Sure they have promptly sent out technicians to replace parts, but my jaw drops when they are manhandling my laptop. My mother board has been changed twice and few other parts including heat sink, fan and power button assembly. Practically everything is either refurbished or used in my 3 months old laptop.

Hopefully someone from the corporate is reading this and offer me a resolution.

No Events found!