Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2022 07:00

How to turn off internal Bluetooth and use a USB Bluetooth Dongle

I wish to disable the internal bluetooth radio in my Dell XPS 15 9500 using Windows 11.  Instead I will be using it with a TP-Link USB500 USB Bluetooth Adapter.

How do I go about disabling the Bluetooth radio.  I have the USB Bluetooth Adapter plugged in but there is a yellow triangle with exclamation point in it so I believe there is a conflict.

Thanks in Advance.

• 

25.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2022 07:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

June 3rd, 2022 14:00

Keep the USB adapter disconnected

Open Device manager > Bluetooth > Expand. Right Click your internal bluetooth device and choose disable. 

Now you can connect your Bluetooth dongle and since system's internal Bluetooth is disabled you can use your dongle. 

I don't have this model handy, but I believe BIOS also has an option of Turning Bluetooth off. 

Reboot to BIOS (F2) >> Wireless >> Wireless Device Enable >> Enable or disable internal WLAN/Bluetooth devices.

First method is better and it allows to enable/disable without booting to BIOS every time. 

No Events found!