Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

11 Posts

February 8th, 2019 13:00

Intel UHD Graphics 630 Driver could not be updated

I have issues with Intel UHD Graphics. Apps like Photoshop or Davinci Resolve flicker what makes work very difficult and tiring for eyes. There is a new driver from Intel however it could not be installed as Dell modifies Intel drivers, so when Dell will issue an update and address flickering issue?

February 8th, 2019 15:00

Not sure if it's any help but I updated my drivers today. The very latest versions of the drivers are of a different type (Windows DCH) and they wouldn't install on my system either. I guess Intel/Dell are rightly being cautious before including them in Dell Update. I got the latest version of the legacy drivers here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28289/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88345 Might be worth checking the version you currently have first.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 8th, 2019 15:00

Laptops cannot use Intel drivers since Dell customizes drivers for the exact model motherboard you have. They are rarely updated and if they ever are it must come from Dell. You have not mentioned the exact model computer.  Go to Dell downloads and see if your  model has an updated driver available. There are new drivers for Intel UHD 630 for some models that run windows 10. 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?app=drivers

February 8th, 2019 16:00

FYI I just ran Windows Update and it downgraded my drivers to the older version supplied by Dell so I guess it's a bit pointless anyway!

11 Posts

February 21st, 2019 16:00

So, it is like Dell don't give a **** and 2000 bucks laptop screen performing like piece of **** and there is no way around it? My heavy graphic apps flicker what makes it very difficult to work (that to work in those apps was the reason to buy this expensive piece of useless metal), the only way I found for some of those apps - is to disable and enable Intel driver ones the app is running. But Dell isn't gonna do anything about this issue which was claimed like a million times on forums, right? Oh my, it was my biggest mistake ever to buy from Dell. Owning this laptop for two months and new problems keep pop up every single time I turn it on, what a nightmare.

23 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 01:00

Slightly inaccurate, I just stumbled upon this thread and decided to give it a go in one of my systems.

Since I have none that sport an Intel UHD Graphics 630 but I have several that have a 620 I decided to use one of those. Everything seems to be running as expected, no downside that I can see, here's what I did:

- Download the latest release of the drivers straight from Intel, I went for those beta DCH ones.
- Once downloaded, disconnect from the Internet (maybe not needed, but I wanted to prevent Windows from updating the driver for the device after the current one is uninstalled).
- Uninstall the drivers in use, it was needed because the driver architecture changed or something in those DCH ones. For that I went to the Settings app and chose to uninstall "Intel(R) Processor Graphics".
- Reboot the computer, it was prompted by the uninstaller anyway.
- Run the installer for the drivers I downloaded from Intel, the DCH ones.
- Reboot once again for good measure and connect to the Internet afterwards.

Once I was connected a new app was installed, the graphics control panel, because it's UWP now. That's it, nothing complained it wasn't supported or anything.

For completeness, I did this on a Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (1809) running in a Inspiron 5570.

247 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 07:00

Have to be on 1809 Windows 10 version and many times you have to uninstall current driver and remove driver from PC then turn off internet connection and reboot. Then install new driver and that should work. Remember though the new drivers cannot revert back to traditional ones easily. A warning on Intel site says it can be difficult to remove and may require registry editing. I found that the new driver works very good on my XPS 13 9360. 

35 Posts

February 26th, 2019 04:00

Hi

Did someone already test the new driver from Dell for the 9570 yet (25.20.100.6471 ,A03)?

Bye
Marcus

23 Posts

March 12th, 2019 15:00

Hi Markus, I don't know if it serves you or not this thread being for XPS laptops, but I've switched my Inspiron 5570 to those for a couple of days and I haven't run into any problems.

Everything seems to work as expected.

2 Posts

April 24th, 2019 00:00

i already tried this one. and right after i reconnect to the internet after installing DCH drivers, windows update would download intel graphics driver "update". after restarting, *poof*, drivers are back to standard intel driver

2 Posts

April 25th, 2019 03:00

update: i installed the DCH intel driver again, then disabled downlaoding drivers from windows updates.

my display became dimmer than before. i thought my display got broken, then i decided to revert to standard driver.

after reinstalling the old drivers, brightness went back to normal.

i guess i will just wait until dell makes a proper DCH driver for their machines.

11 Posts

May 20th, 2019 02:00

I'm not sure if I am a computer genius (not) or you are following the company line but I have installed Realtek, Intel and other drivers from the manufacturers' websites for a long time on my XPS 13 without any problems and in fact, at time this fixed problems (mostly with internal speakers but also wake from sleep problems).  I will do so after looking at both sites (Dell and the the manufacturer) and doing some searching for any problems associated with such a switch (normally Reddit is a good source) but to say you cannot use Intel drivers for Dell computers is somewhat erroneous, in my opinion.

@Mary G wrote:

Laptops cannot use Intel drivers since Dell customizes drivers for the exact model motherboard you have. They are rarely updated and if they ever are it must come from Dell. You have not mentioned the exact model computer.  Go to Dell downloads and see if your  model has an updated driver available. There are new drivers for Intel UHD 630 for some models that run windows 10. 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?app=drivers

No Events found!