Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

September 19th, 2020 08:00

Is there anyone know what means "the ownership date = {none}" shown in bios--overview?

My XPS 7390 2 in 1 gets the same  problem not to charge battery over 54%. . And I tried to upgrade the new version bios and found both of ownership date and manufacture date shown on the Overview are {none}. As the some informationm said the lost of ownership date may cause the battery charge limitted, I am auxious to know whther it is true?

1 Message

October 10th, 2020 10:00

No idea how to fix this, I have the same exact problem. Did you find a solution?

26 Posts

October 15th, 2020 12:00

Just stumbled upon this. Have the same frustrating problem. Anyone find a solution? The ones on the Dell guides are for older BIOS versions which do not apply to my XPS 13 9300.

3 Posts

October 16th, 2020 01:00

Sorry, I dn't have. I already plan to use that Dell notebook as the desktop.

26 Posts

October 16th, 2020 03:00

I saw the same status in BIOS screen shared by others so I don't know if people with no charging issues also have the same (none) mentioned in the overview. 

Can others please check and let us know if it is as above.

Somehow there was a fix available for older BIOS setups of older Dell laptops. Unfortunately, this setting is not available in my 9300 BIOS.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln308571/laptop-battery-does-not-charge-beyond-55-on-certain-dell-pcs?lang=en

November 6th, 2020 16:00

Have you tried flashing the bios?

26 Posts

November 6th, 2020 19:00

I have updated it, downgraded it and then reupdated it. Doesn't make any difference. Just to check, those who do not have the 'charge to 55%' issue, can you please share what your BIOS says. Does it show a date which is closer to the actual (Date of Purchase)?

21 Posts

January 10th, 2021 03:00

hopefully DELL support will look on this issue because its obvious that there quite numbers of device affected by it

November 23rd, 2021 08:00

This probably means that the device is an engineering sample. The limited charging is purposefully built in into the BIOS. Nothing can be done about it as Dell will surely not help you resolve that issue.

No Events found!