Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2018 06:00

Janky sound after upgrading to latest Realtek audio driver

Changes made to audio properties in MaxxAudioPro control panel seems not to be working and everything sounds janky and there is zero bass. Do anyone else also have this problem? It started happening after installing the latest Realtek audio driver (6.0.1.8432).

Do Dell even check if drivers are working properly before putting them on their laptops' support page?

13 Posts

November 28th, 2018 09:00

@erpster05 wrote

did you use either WUMT (windows update minitool) or wushowhide.diagcab to "hide" or block the updated 8555 driver?

I've reinstalled the older version with the help of links given in this thread by other people. But, thank you for your help.

@erpster05 wrote: 

well it's not entirely Dell's fault.  the problem has to fixed on Maxxaudio's end as well [contact page for Maxxaudio]  - but Dell really needs to contact Maxxaudio's creator (Waves Audio LTD) and have them update their software so that it works with newer audio drivers

Do Waves have their software directly downloadable through their site for users? No, then it's Dell's problem for not checking their drivers' compatibility with third party software before updating them. I mean, are we really supposed to do Dell's job and contact Waves for them before they do?

13 Posts

December 10th, 2018 12:00

It's almost been 6 months now, I will never touch another Dell product ever again since they give zero attention to their customers, I want to thank to Dell for opening my eyes.

219 Posts

December 22nd, 2018 10:00

yup, the 8569 driver posted 12/20/2018 does contain updated MaxxAudio software that should work on affected XPS laptops :BigSmile:

supported compatible systems listed for the 8569 driver are

XPS 13 9360, XPS 13 9370, XPS 15 9560 & Precision 5520

(more XPS & Inspiron laptops may be listed in the future for this driver)

219 Posts

March 23rd, 2019 18:00

@Aetherlithe wrote:

Just wanted to let everybody know that after 5 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days and three separate driver updates, Dell has finally come up with a fix with the driver version 6.0.1.8569. Can I get a hallelujah? Shots on me.

version 6.0.1.8622 A14 has been released by Dell a few days ago (details)

No Events found!