Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

November 16th, 2018 12:00

Linux drivers for Realtek IR camera

Hi, it seems Dell doesn't provide linux drivers for the Realtek infrared camera and so it is unusable in linux. Has anyone managed to make the IR camera work in linux?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 19th, 2018 04:00

Thank you for your message. What is the system model in question here?

Is the computer shipped with Linux or was this installed later?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

2 Posts

November 19th, 2018 04:00

It is a Dell XPS 9375, shipped with Windows. Linux was not available in my country and I installed it after i received the laptop. I 'll also send i private message, as requested.

1 Message

April 22nd, 2020 02:00

Hello,

We are also looking for solutions in order to enable the IR functionnality of this webcam on Ubuntu on a similar DELL laptop.

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Best,

Sébastien

• 

25.7K Posts

April 22nd, 2020 10:00

Hi sballesta, 

Sorry for the delay in reply. As suggested earlier in our private message we do not have any specific webcam drivers for Ubuntu. However, here is a guide on webcam for systems running on Ubuntu/Linux. 

However if you are facing issues you can get more troubleshooting advice on the Ubuntu via and for any further software support on Ubuntu contact Canonical through the following methods:

No Events found!