Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2018 13:00

ME bios sync - get redirection features state error

I see this error during the boot process of my Precision 5520. It is displayed along with the Dell logo before the laptop starts booting the OS (Windows 10 Pro).

"ME bios sync - get redirection features state error"

I purchased the laptop refurbished and it has done it since I first powered it on. When I got it the BIOS version was 1.7.1. The error has persisted through each subsequent version (now running 1.11.0).

It seems to be purely cosmetic. The laptop boots and runs Windows fine. I wonder if the boot process would be quicker without the error, but it is really just an annoyance that I cannot seem to figure out.

As far as I can tell it is related to the Intel Management Engine. Besides the BIOS updates, I have tried turning off all the features in the BIOS I can think of, and resetting it to factory defaults.

During the boot process I can press Ctrl-P and get a yellow message "Preparing MEBx menu", then nothing happens and Windows boots.

In the system tray utility "Intel Management and Security Status" (blue key in a white circle):

On the General tab under Service Status it says "Small Business Tech: Enabled"

On the Advanced tab under Intel Management Engine Status it says "Status: Unconfigured".

In a browser (tried Firefox and Edge) if I go to localhost:16992 I get redirected to http://localhost:16992/logon.htm with a banner at the top of the page saying "Intel Small Business Technology", then in the frame below it says "Page Not Found" and "Web browser access to Intel Small Business Technology is disabled on this computer, or the page in the address bar is unavailable."

I have considered reverting to a BIOS version prior to 1.7.1, but I am not sure which one to try, and what I would do after downgrading. Could anybody explain what it is trying to do when the error is generated, and what I could do to keep the error from occurring?

2 Posts

June 6th, 2019 16:00

I think I stumbled upon a fix through pure dumb luck.

I was traveling for work and left the peripherals (external mouse and USB-C dongle) attached, but the power supply unplugged. Unbeknownst to me, this will drain the battery(ies).

I got home a week later and during boot I noticed it had lost the system time. After Windows started I forced a time sync and went on.

A couple of days later I was installing the 1903 update for Windows 10. While watching the screen during reboots I noticed the annoying ME BIOS sync message was gone. Could it be? Multiple reboots later, I still haven't seen it. YES!

I haven't cracked the case open on this laptop to see if the BIOS battery is removable or not. But I figured this was a simple enough test for others to try. Hope this helps!

1 Message

January 19th, 2019 12:00

I am facing the same issue in my dell xps 9360 which i bought just yesterday. It seems that there is no resolution given in the internet for this issue for dell xps.

If anyone could help then it would be very appreciable 

No Events found!