Start a Conversation

Unsolved

NH

2 Posts

October 24th, 2022 06:00

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard & Mouse with dongle - Mouse fails on XPS only

I have a Dell XPS 13 9360 for nearly 6 years,  which I keep updated regularly.
My Dell service has expired however.
I have been using the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse with its own USB wireless dongle since April - worked very well.  This is the perfect setup for me, separate number pad, tilted and splayed keyboard, and ergo mouse for RSI issues.
After the Windows Update a few weeks ago, to 19045.2130, the mouse no longer works on this laptop, except the mouse 'Windows' button, which still works and proves there is connection.
The Keyboard still works well.
Mouse works well on my fiance's Dell Latitude laptop however, running Windows 8, proving the Mouse is operational.
I ordered a replacement Mouse and Keyboard (identical model) and this performs exactly like the other, Keyboard works, Mouse does not except the 'Windows' button, when on my XPS 13, but does work on other laptops.
I've tried looking for Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard driver updates - none found.
I've tried removing driver and reinserting dongle in each USB socket, no different.  Also restarting after each of these.

So, it seems that the issue is with the XPS laptop or DELL updates since that October 2022 Windows update.
Can anyone help me get the mouse working please?  

October 25th, 2022 01:00

in addition, have been through the driver list on Dell Support and loaded all recommended and critical updates that will load, listed in the last 18 months. Restarted multiple times, during this process.
Mouse (both identical models) still does not work except the Windows button which I can reprogram successfully to e.g. open OneNote, so mouse is communicating, but looks like laptop isn't reading the usual mouse operation signals.

No Events found!