Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AN

55 Posts

May 26th, 2020 22:00

New XPS 15 9500 Experience

Rather than post multiple issues, I thought I would post my experience with the XPS 15 9500 in one post.  

Auto Display Brightness - I noticed when "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" is selected, the display is constantly cycling through varying degrees of brightness. This was so problematic that I had to disable this setting. The laptop was not moved from my kitchen table and there were no issues with lighting changes. Using a Lenovo 940 with a 4K display did not produce this behavior.  

Night Light - Does not function properly. Default setting is an unviewable dark orange. Manual setting vary from pale orange to dark red. Both completely unviewable. Disabled this as well.

Bluetooth Earphones (Apple AirPods with Charging Case) - Sound is choppy. Do not know if this is an issue with the Killer 1650 chip or Apple. 

7 Posts

May 29th, 2020 17:00

Disabling or reenabling auto brightness appears to have no effect for me. Initially it did on reboot then came back on even though the option is not enabled. I checked advanced power settings and can not find it there.

I recently just went into Dell Premier Color and set Ambient Light to OFF, so far promising but see if it sustains a sleep/wake cycle or even reboot.

55 Posts

June 1st, 2020 07:00

Auto brightness does not work properly because the sensor on the top of the bezel is not calibrated properly. When enabled, you will SEE your  brightness vacillate tremendously. This is extremely fatiguing on the eyes.

The night light feature is not calibrated properly and only offers three options, off, orange and dark red. Useless and defeats the purpose of this feature.

If you have the model 9500, will you kindly take a picture of the USB – C to USB adapter that came in your box. The contract workers at (customer service) Dell don’t seem to realize that it’s included. 

No Events found!