Highlighted
BillS_NC
1 Copper

Re: Notification from Dell Update: The system has been updated

Got the same email and like to the web page that would not allow me in.

Highlighted
lmang
1 Copper

I'm having the same issue with my Inspiron 7786. I'm being notified of updates that are not being done.

Highlighted
CC02
1 Copper

I received the same email from "Prajesh" and for my own security I will not be allowing remote access to a vague and unknown respondent. In my opinion it's safest to ignore the email.

IceSapphire
1 Copper

I would yes, here is the picture i keep getting for dell not working correctly with my firewall, the blacked out info is just my IPThis comes up every few minutesThis comes up every few minutes

Highlighted
CC02
1 Copper

I was typing a reply to suggest you uninstall then re-install SupportAssist and I opened my SupportAssist to check what version I had. Alerted me there was an update, so installed the update - and what do you know, I got the same Norton Firewall alert that you got! Only came up twice and hit "Allow Always" both times. Has stopped coming up but will monitor this new 3.4.1 version to see if I keep getting that same Norton's Firewall alert you have. If it keeps coming up, I'll just uninstall new version and go back to previous version. Will update on whether I continue to get the Norton's alert.

Highlighted
CC02
1 Copper

Further to my previous reply, I just read this about the latest Windows 10 update (that I was holding off installing, but that self-installed anyway 2 days ago) about security issues with certificates. Googled the 2 files tmp.exe files that Nortons flagged on my PC after doing the SupportAssist update and am a little concerned considering timing of the Norton alerts from the new SupportAssist update and the forced install of the new buggy Windows 10 update. Hope this is not a major malware issue!! Will keep you posted...

CC02_0-1579302817737.png

Link to article on new Windows 10 security issue:

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/epic-fail-critical-windows-10-security-update-failing-to-install?utm_... 

Highlighted
help DT
1 Copper

Please see my post below; same issue.  I am running McAfee Total Protection. Any progress on your end?

Highlighted
CC02
1 Copper

I have Alienware Update v 3.1 and I'm still getting random notifications that my "system has been updated". When I open Alienware Update, it says the last check was done 18th December 2019 and last update was done 13th August 2019. The "last check" date is particularly odd because I've run the scan each time I get one of the random Alenware Update notifications. What is going on with the updater??

Highlighted

@MarlinGolden39A thanks for testing this. Has the message appeared again since your last update on the 1st?

I'll drop you a private message to get some more in depth details if you don't mind.

Thanks, Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Highlighted
jerry_
1 Copper

First my complaint, both Dell on twitter, and dell support via email tell me I need to renew my service plan if I want this fixed.  One of the bozos acknowledged this was dell software that caused it, and still told me I needed to renew my service plan if I wanted it fixed.

AND WHAT WE ALL KNOW IS THAT I COULD RENEW MY SERVICE PLAN AND DELL STILL WOULD NOT FIX THIS.

This is incident, repeated hundreds of times is why we all hate Dell.

IF DELL ACKNOWLEDGES THEIR <Profanity removed> SOFTWARE DID THIS, THEN DELL NEEDS TO FIX IT, REGARDLESS OF WARRANTY STATUS.

I am seeing this on Win 10 Pro, Build 18632.19h1_release.190318-1202

Using what seems to be Support Assist from 12/26/2019 and Dell Update from 12/18/2019

Run Support Assist / "Get Drivers & Dwnloads", WATCH AS:

1. Checking for Updates

2. Validating result...

3. An unexpected error occurred.