Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2019 08:00

Persistent quality of products and services

2 Dell laptops, both required service shortly after the 1 year warranty was over.

Bought an Inspiron 13 2in1 laptop in Jul 2016. The screen malfunctioned in Sep 2017. Went through lots of trouble and $$ to get the screen fixed, but then they said it did not work and needed to replace it for another $250. The replaced screen and the cover have a 2mm gap on the top all across. Unfortunately, since it is for my kid who did not find out that issue in time, it went after the repair warranty too. Since the repair, we stopped using the pad mode which likely was the cause of the screen malfunction.

I ordered an XPS 13 9360 on 5/2/2018, thinking, with twice the price, it should last longer than 13 months. However, the power adapter/charger stopped working suddenly on 5/20/2019, 1 year + <2 weeks since I received it. They want to charge $43 for a replacement power charger. How coincident that two laptops had malfunction issues less than 1 month after the 1 year warranty period? Again, it shows as though Dell's products are designed for fee based post warranty services, instead of design the warranty for the products. 

I spent 3 hours talking to 4 people trying to get the power charger replaced without additional charge given my experience with the two laptops, but they would not. 

Bad products, bad repairs, bad customer care.  Dell only cares about his stocks, going private-public-private- maybe public again without  considering customers' interest. Shame on Dell.

No Responses!
No Events found!