Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

January 15th, 2018 13:00

Please help with 9550 screen firmware!

Trying to display adaptive colors on my 9550 - i did flash accidently firmware from 9350 folder of package. Now i see only black screen when powering on laptop.
Could somebody provide files to reflash original firmware?
I have TB15 dock with external monitor, so i can boot laptop with external monitor.
Also, i have QHD version with 4k matrix on my laptop.
Pleease, help me!

18 Posts

January 15th, 2018 14:00

Please, if somebody may help - i need just firmware image - i can use existing tools to reflash MCU!
My email is good.win.alexs at gmail if somebody can help me. I need my laptop working :(((

18 Posts

January 16th, 2018 04:00

If somebody have 9550 and 4K screen on it - here is my request for help http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/dell-xps-15-skylake-9550-owners-lounge.783377/page-391#post-10665553

I found a way to dump screen firmware from working machine - but i need somebody with working machine and 4K screen to make dump. I hope i will be able to restore my screen with such dump.

If it will work - i can even donate some money as my "thank you" as my laptop is critical for me

47 Posts

January 16th, 2018 05:00

As Clint Eastwood already said, there are two kind of people in the world : those who have backups, and those who are in need for one ;-)

That being said, you may find help in this thread (originaly an XPS 9360 thread) : maybe someone with a 9550 will accept to help you.

EDIT : it may help, here is official tool for 9550 http://www.dell.com/support/home/fr/fr/frdhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=MTKPJ

18 Posts

January 16th, 2018 05:00

This tool - is actually my problem. I did flash accidently FHD version of firmware. And this package, as i found later, doesn't have QHD version of firmware. I can find firmware for any variations of XPS, except 9550/9560. That's why i need real backup. I think, backup from 9560 may also work

47 Posts

January 16th, 2018 06:00

I believe finding someone with a 9550 is your only luck.

Because you don't know what type of screen you have (I think you didn't bother verify screen EDID before flashing) we cannot know which firmware you need.

If Dell have sold 9550 with different QHD screens models, your problem then may be bigger than you think because finding a user with a 9550 may not help you if it's XPS was not build with same screen as yours.

@Someone with a 9550 willing to provide a firmware extract?

@Anonymous: support should be able to provide firmware file from a 9550.

47 Posts

good news!!!

Now find a colorimeter and calibrate your screen ;-)

18 Posts

Yeah, i did find already my EDID dump, and found already where it sits in screen firmware. So first i will try to restore my original data. But making proper calibration is anyway in my todo list :) Tnx a lot to everybody

18 Posts

Ok, i got my screen fixed. One good guy sent me firmware dump. Now my screen works fine (just little bit not natural colors, but i will play with EDID later - i have my old one saved)

1 Message

January 26th, 2018 15:00

The same here. I accidently flashed my screen firmware... :Crying:

Could anybody send me a backup file for my XPS 9360? 

January 1st, 2021 21:00

I have the same problem on 9360, my laptop screen is black but external monitor works. How can I re-flash firmware for my built-in display. Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

January 2nd, 2021 04:00

Unless you're 100% certain you flashed the incorrect firmware on the screen (in which case your only solution is to replace the display panel) -- you either have a bad backlight in the screen (in which case the solution is the same) or you have a bad power circuit to the backlight (in which case the solution is a replacement system board).  Is there any image on the internal screen at all, even a dim one?  Use a bright flashlight to check.

If there is no image at all, run a screen diagnostic (hold D through powerup).  If you can see a dim test screen, it's a backlight problem as above.  If not, the screen is bad -- replace it.

January 2nd, 2021 04:00

Thanks for your reply. I tried to hold D through powerup but still a black screen. Maybe I have to replace the display panel.

No Events found!