Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

November 8th, 2020 08:00

Plugs and Power. What adapter, converter and or transformer is needed for Israel?

Hi,

I am planning on purchasing a laptop for use in Israel.  I have no idea where to begin my search.  I am planning on purchasing the laptop while I am in the United States.

Does Dell sell laptops with "dual voltage" ratings?  I think the easiest option is to purchase a laptop with a power supply indicating 'input: 110-240V'. Because Israel is running on 230V which is within the 110-240V range.

But, how do I locate a Dell laptop with this option?  I'm am confused and not sure where to even begin my search.

Thank you for you time and assistance.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

November 8th, 2020 09:00

You'll just need an adapter for the plug - not a separate power supply, which work worldwide.

Of note:  if you buy a system in the U.S. with a depot (basic 12 month) warranty, that warranty is valid ONLY in the U.S., so warranty repair would require return to the U.S.

To transfer a warranty internationally, it must have an upgraded, extra-cost onsite service plan and the system model must be sold in Israel.  Otherwise, the warranty will not transfer.

Also note that I think you'll find all sales/support/service in Israel is through dealers, not Dell - meaning verify that service is available where you'll be located.

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

November 9th, 2020 04:00

Thank you.

No Events found!