Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

February 19th, 2021 11:00

Problem with connecting a second monitor

Hello. My mini display port on my Dell xps 15 9530 laptop never worked. Previously, I did not attach any importance to this, but with the purchase of a FullHD monitor, there is a problem that when it gets connected to a laptop via HDMI, it disconnects every 1-5 minutes and immediately gets connected again. And it happens only at a resolution of 1920x1080, and at 1366x768, this discontinuity occurs once a day maximum. It's definitely not the monitor or the cable. Maybe something with the HDMI port itself. So I came to the conclusion that I need my working mini display port. But the laptop does not react at all when it is connected to the laptop.

1) How do I fix the mini display port?

2) Can there be a solution for my glitchy HDMI port?

10 Elder

• 

23.2K Posts

February 19th, 2021 12:00

The only way to fix a dead mini display port will likely also fix the other issue -- this port is part of the main system board, which is what you'll need to replace.

It could be the HDMI issue is a driver fault -- but a dead port means it's hardware, and a replacement system board is needed.

These vary depending on the CPU and GPU you have (or want).

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=143&subid=470&refine=motherboard

No Events found!