Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JT

1 Message

May 10th, 2020 13:00

Problems with Integrated Graphics XPS 15 9570

I used to have no problems when gaming on the XPS 15 9570 but recently I've been running into a lot of issues. I've struggled to find what was causing the major lag spikes in FPS and the intermittent spikes in GPU/CPU frame time. What I noticed while looking at task manager in-game is that the integrated graphics card will sometimes randomly step in driving my 1050 ti to go to 0% while the integrated GPU gets maxed out at 100%. I have gone into the windows setting and the Nvidia control panel and selected for these programs to run on only the Nvidia card but this seems to have no effect. In other games it does not even try to use the Nvidia card instead it seems to split the load between the two.

My problem is similar to the one addressed in this post (https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-15-9570-Integrated-Graphics-issues-with-major-FPS-drops/m-p/7537541#M59510) which has no solution.

This may be linked to thermal throttling but my laptop does seemingly overheat.

1 Message

July 19th, 2020 07:00

I have the same problem. In general i think the XPS15 series is seriously weak when it comes to thermal management so no surprise there. I tweaked some of the Nvidia optimization settings or configurations and that seemed to help? But problem still came back.

1 Message

December 18th, 2020 14:00

This issue was supposed to be fixed in BIOS 1.7.0, we're now on 1.8.0 and the problem persists... Updating/reinstalling drivers didn't help, neither did setting the GPU settings for each game in Windows and Nvidia settings.

All in all my experience with this laptop was terrible, I'll never buy a Dell again. 

No Events found!