Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 14th, 2019 17:00

Screen dimming doesn't work? Dell XPS 13

My XPS 13 was recently forced to update and now my screen brightness controler doesn't work. It displays the little bar going up and down, but the screen itself does not get brighter or dimmer. I've tried the "device manager" > "display adapter" > "update driver" and this did not work. 

Any suggestions? Will a new update fix this?

9.4K Posts

March 15th, 2019 04:00

Hi Brii_wants_answers_pls,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please post the exact model of your XPS 13 so we can provide a more detailed answer to your question.

What "forced" update were you required to install?  Was this a Windows 10 update?  If so, it's possible that you need to reinstall/update the video drivers as well.

To check to see if there's any hardware issues, please run a systems diagnostics.  Please run Dell SupportAssist, make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.

If there are no error messages then it could indicate a software or driver issue.  Please update or reinstall the video drivers.  You can get the details here.  How to Find Drivers and Update Them

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

1 Message

March 19th, 2021 02:00

Dell - Thank you for this fix, it did correct my issue by going to the Dell product page specifically for my device Dell XPS 13 9370.  Once I updated the video driver and rebooted it worked perfectly.

No Events found!