Start a Conversation

Unsolved

X

19 Posts

September 30th, 2018 04:00

Support Assist does not appear in Start menu

I am trying to use Dell SupportAssist to install some drivers and the current BIOS. I have used it in the past and it has always worked fine. Today, it has disappeared from the Start menu so I am unable to run it. The program appears in the list of programs in Control Panel/Uninstall programs so I uninstalled it and then re-installed it from the Dell Help and Support application but it still isn't there. Further attempts to install it fail because the program is already installed. In short, the program is installed on my computer but I can't run it either from the Start Menu or from within the Help and Support app. Any thoughts on what's happening here and how I can regain access to this program?

1 Message

October 4th, 2018 11:00

Same here, and I didn't know what to do, so I just uninstalled it (it took TWO tries, for two apparently different installations!).  It's completely gone now, and judging by your comments, I guess that I won't attempt to reinstall it!

October 6th, 2018 11:00

Same here. I use Start10 to hide the horrible W10 start menu. It shows a Dell folder but it is empty. But further down it shows a "Universal Applications" folder and it is shown there, along with a bunch of other Dell stuff. I was also accessing it from the notifications before I found it in the menu.

1 Message

November 15th, 2018 08:00

I also thought I lost the Dell SupportAssist on my Win10 machine - when I tried to reinstall it, the process stopped noting it was already installed.  When I looked in the Start menu again, I found it further down the list, not under Dell but directly listed as "SupportAssist" (with no Dell in the name).

No Events found!