Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

October 30th, 2020 16:00

Terrible Customer Support, I have been getting strung along for weeks with no help.

This is a request for someone that actually takes their job seriously to contact me and help me out so I can have my issue resolved.

I purchased an xps 13 2-in-1 on September 15. Received it after about a week, but instantly had issues with battery life as well as durability (my laptop couldn't last more than 2 and a half hours on a single charge with minimal use at school, and the carbon fiber palmrest began peeling in a few days). I sent in a request for a replacement, and received it within a few days. I've had 0 issues with durability so far, but the battery issues I am having have only gotten slightly better (my laptop can last about 3 and a half hours now with light browsing). I'm frankly not happy with the quality of my laptops so far, and have put in a requests for a refund. I have only had the replacement unit for about 2.5 weeks, but customer support says I can't get a refund or replacement anymore because it falls out of the 30 day period of my INITIAL purchase of the laptop on September 15 (I requested a refund on October 24th, so only a few days past that initial purchase).

So, they tell me that while they themselves can't refund it, they can send in a request for a return, and I'll get a response back in 24-48 hours. Simple, right? Not at all. I have waited nearly 5 days on a follow up email, but have not received one from ANY of the 3 agents I was in contact with. 3 return requests, and not a single follow up? 

Can anyone please, for the love of god, contact me and seriously help me out with this issue? I use this laptop for work and can't afford to be strung along like this for so long.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

October 30th, 2020 16:00

They're not stringing you along.  

The answer is in your post:

"customer support says I can't get a refund or replacement anymore because it falls out of the 30 day period "

When you request a replacement system, it does not reset the time clock.  

You may be able to tweak the battery settings for lower brightness, cut out the network when it's not being used, aggressively manage the CPU speed -- but that's about all you can do.  You haven't mentioned the type of screen you have (FHD or 4K), but the 4K screen greatly reduces battery runtimes -- it's not inconceivable that 4-5 hours is all you can reasonably expect, and that's with intermittent use and all the settings mentioned here previously set as aggressively as you can.

1 Rookie

• 

36 Posts

October 30th, 2020 21:00

Oh yeah, I had a similar problem, they got my address wrong but started my warranty anyway even though my laptop was lost in the mail. I tried every department, but no one would change the date to when I actually received my laptop. Its a saga that went on for months. I'm so sorry you're going through it as well.

As to your battery problem, you might have a bad computer or bad battery. If you want to try things on your end, there are a bunch of videos on YouTube on Debloating Windows 10. From turning off microsoft tracking everything you do, to turning off apps running in the background, there seem to be ways to lower the load Windows 10 takes on you system performance.

But it could also be your laptop's fault.

4 Posts

October 31st, 2020 07:00

I started requesting a refund while still in the 30 day period from the original invoice, but customer care did not get back to me or help me until AFTER the 30 days were up. They have been stringing me along. That excuse also doesn't account for nobody responding to their emails, my cases being closed out of nowhere with no follow ups, etc. Its a 1080p display. I'm always on better battery settings. I keep unnecessary programs closed. There is no way that it should be lasting 3 hours at most. I've literally contacted technical support and they themselves told me that there was an issue with the battery.

4 Posts

October 31st, 2020 07:00

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that had to go through this. How did you eventually get the issue resolved? They keep repeating the same thing about the laptop being out of the 30 day return period, even though I initially had been trying to get a return within the 30 day period. It seems to me with the outsourcing of calls to Indian call centers, nobody actually takes me seriously or understands me. Wish I could get in touch with someone from the US/UK.

1 Rookie

• 

36 Posts

October 31st, 2020 15:00

I wasn't able to get it resolved. I called, chatted, and emailed with every department I could find. No one would change my start date of the 30 day return window. In reality Dell doesn't actually have a 30 day return policy. It's more like a several day return policy. They were kindly willing to swap or repair the broken laptop they sent me, but getting my money back was something I could have only done within the couple of days left on my refund window. I now own a Dell laptop regardless of weather or not I'm happy about it, and if something goes wrong I'm now given less than a year with the basic warranty for repairs/replacements. I might not have bought this laptop had I had know.

26 Posts

November 1st, 2020 11:00

Less than a year of warranty support ?  That is really different from my experience.  I have gone through 3 exchanges with defective XPS 9500's and on all the units, the warranty expiration dates are 13 months from the 1st day I boot up the machine. 

1 Rookie

• 

36 Posts

November 1st, 2020 15:00

Yeah, I ordered my laptop on August 24, I didn't receive a working laptop until mid October, but my year warranty and 30 day return started September 3rd. I wish I had your experiences. It seems like a no-brainer to error on the side of 13 month warranties and fresh start dates, if you want to have a loyal user base that helps you grow your brand.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2020 12:00

Been in contact with customer support for 3 weeks now, finally contacted the whatsapp support and it seems like they are much better at getting back to you. Had a refund request sent to the financing team on the 30th, got a respond on the second saying the refund request had been approved, but due to technical difficulties I would have to wait for the refund to be processed as the issue was being solved internally. After waiting 4 days with nothing happening, I decided to call customer support and have them look at it, and they instead told me that my refund request was denied. It just seems like nobody actually understands what they're doing, and just keeps pulling lies from out of nowhere.

• 

25.7K Posts

November 8th, 2020 20:00

Hello. I have not heard back from you yet and shall be temporarily archiving the case at our end. Do write to us in case of any additional queries. We would be happy to assist you.

2 Posts

December 17th, 2020 12:00

I've been buying systems from Dell over a decade and have never seen such poor support. This will be that last system I purchase.

No Events found!