Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2019 10:00

The new XPS 15: "OLED or not OLED"?

Hello,

I am currently considering buying one of those new XPS 15 laptops, in their last 2019 version, whose configurations come with an optional OLED screen.
The dilemma for me is the following. I basically do not require any touch-functionality from the alternative 4K LCD screen. So, it would be more advantageous for me to invest in a better screen quality (contrast), namely the OLED one, instead of such touch-interface. However, I could also read that the OLED screen tends to drain the battery faster than any other "conventional" screen, and the autonomy is actually something important for my everyday use of such computer. Yet, such eventuality appears as weird to me, since the OLED technology would normally allow for an increase in the battery autonomy.

Therefore, I would be very thankful to anyone, who would be able to share his experience on the above issue with me... (How much time would the battery of such laptop last, according to whether or not you have an OLED screen or not for your XPS 15 laptop configuration?)

1 Message

November 19th, 2019 19:00

No Events found!