Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JD

1 Message

July 1st, 2019 14:00

Turn on the screen when I open the Laptop on my XPS 13 9380

I cannot find a solution to this. This laptop would be perfect if it was able to turn the screen on when I opened the lid. Right now the laptop requires you to hit the power button or the keyboard to turn on the screen.

Any help would be appreciated. I have checked in the control panel settings and dug around in there but there are only options for when you close the lid. 

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

July 1st, 2019 18:00

I have an XPS 13 9350 and if the system is merely asleep rather than completely shut down, the display does power on.  I actually hate that feature, but I can't find a way to turn it off.  Is that not working for you, or do you expect the system to power on from full shutdown just from you opening the lid?  If the latter, I'm not aware of systems that do that, and I can imagine that could lead to some unintended consequences in various scenarios.

February 11th, 2020 10:00

The issue is that Dell XPS 13 does not wake from hibernation on lid open, not full shut down. Since the way Dell squeezes a long battery life out of xps 13 is frequent hibernation, the (totally reasonable) question is: How do we wake the dell XPS from hibernation using lid open? This is definitely something other systems are capable of doing.

No Events found!