Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

December 28th, 2020 13:00

USB-C hub: system trying to connect external monitor when no external monitor is connected

Hi,
I have an XPS 13 9300. I have an EKSA USB-C hub that's been working fine with it for the last 9 or so months. In the last week, every time I plug in the hub to the XPS, the XPS tries adding a "Generic PnP Monitor", when nothing is plugged in to the hub. While the hub is connected to the XPS, the XPS makes the Windows 10 "device connected" sound, then the "device disconnected" sound, as if I were connecting and disconnecting a device. These 2 sounds repeat continuously until I disconnect the hub. Also, while the hub is connected and I open Settings > Devices, I watch as a "Generic PnP Monitor" shows up and goes away, shows up and goes away continuously until I disconnect the hub.

The hub works fine with at least one other laptop.

I've run Dell SupportAssist, and updated the recommended drivers, and BIOS.

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated, thank you!
Chuck

• 

25.7K Posts

December 29th, 2020 07:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

After the previous troubleshooting in private messages, our last recommendation would be to backup the data and programs and reinstall Windows.

No Events found!