Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 4th, 2019 13:00

XPS 15 9560, no WAVES MaxxAudio Pro pop-up

As of yesterday, the pop-up dialog that allows me to set my audio device as a line-in port no longer will show up when I plug something in.

I already have the box checked in MaxxAudio Pro that says "show pop-up dialog when device is connected"

I use this every day to plug in a cable as line-in (really if there is a way for me to just permanently set it as line-in that would be fine too)

I can't get this pop-up to show anymore all of the sudden. I've restarted and also completely reinstalled the realtek drivers and the maxxaudio program with no change.

I've tried restarting with the cable plugged into the jack also with no success (usually the popup would show pretty quickly after starting up when I'd do that)

Is there any way to fix this or just force it to be line-in?

It's a Dell XPS 15 9560. All Dell drivers are up to date and latest windows updates installed.

Realtek Audio driver: 6.0.1.8622
Realtek USB Audio driver: 6.3.9600.2208
Windows 1903 (10.0.18362)

October 14th, 2019 04:00

I'm using Acer nitro 5 and having the same issue. I'm trying to solve the problem with my self for around 2-3 days trying various drivers and the issue sill.

I go to the Acer store and trying another same model machine and I notice that they have a popup occur when plugging the headphone jack.

so, i immediately realize, the popup is some kind of notification that my machine might be blocking at some point.

I figured out the issue for a couple of minutes. finally, I just disable the focus assist feature (The moon icon) and the issue gone!

ps. if you need to using focus assist, you can customize your priority list in setting as well.

19 Posts

October 14th, 2019 09:00

Had a chance today to test with multiple other TB16 docks and Dell XPS 9560 laptops.

This issue seems to be reproducible on all of these products. I tried 2 other Dell XPS 9560 laptops and multiple different TB16 docks and they all had the exact same issue I displayed in the video posted above.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 14th, 2019 10:00

This is an issue with the driver settings, we are awaiting an update from the product team. We will keep you posted.

19 Posts

October 17th, 2019 08:00

But even if I unplug the dock then the popup doesn't come up again unless I restart the computer. This is definitely not intended and if it is it needs to be changed.

October 25th, 2019 02:00

Hello, i had the same problem. First idea was that the drivers from dell or the sound software waves maxxaudio is the problem. But after uninstalling and installing everything related possible the popup when plugging the headset was not showing anymore as before (some months ago). The thing that worked eventually for me was activating Focus feature from new windows update and deactivating it again. This feature it should manage all your windows notification ( sound popup for maxxaudio is included here) being on off you should have all your notifications showed. Try activating and deactivating this feature keep it on off to get all the notifications or even try adding waves maxxaudio as an exception. 

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

November 2nd, 2019 12:00

You just need to get a third party driver updater.

The dell updater doesn't update all computer drivers, just the ones associated with dell and dell bios.

Never use driver easy. Other driver updaters are free and don't download additional crap on your computer.

No Events found!