Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

1 Message

March 10th, 2020 23:00

What is your experience with the longlivety of Dell XPS laptops?

As the title says, how long have you had your XPS 95/93XX for, and how is it holding up?

I’m debating whether or not to get the RB15 or the XPS 15 9570, with the 4K screen. Ideally, it would be great if it could last me 3-4 years.

My use case is: I’ll mostly use it for uni tasks like Word and other office programs, but I do like to game a little on the side, mostly WoW, but that shouldn’t be a problem for the XPS 15. I also value a silent machine when doing office tasks so it doesn’t make noise in class, and value a great screen with long battery life and great build quality, which has me slightly leaning towards the Dell.

I’d get an eGPU down the line so I can play more demanding games like Battlefield V and AC Odyssey when they release.

One of the things that concern me is how long I’ll live, especially if I play WoW 2-3 hours here and there a couple of days a week or something.

So, how have your experience been with XPS laptops, and what do you guys reckon in regards to my situation? Thanks in advance for all input!

• 

25.7K Posts

March 11th, 2020 17:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

No Events found!