Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

8 Posts

June 28th, 2020 13:00

Why is Dell Customer Support SOOOO Bad?

Dell are shipping faulty XPS 15 9500's (trackpad issues) and their customer service people DO NOT CARE. No acknowledgement or apology or understanding whatsoever. In fact, if you ask them about it and request an exchange they ignore the request. They just tell you that you can arrange a return in 3-5 business days and get your money back 5-7 days after that. Great. So no laptop, no acknowledgement of the issue and no help other than a bog standard return policy. And through no fault of mine, but 100% theirs. I will NEVER buy a Dell product again. They even had the nerve to close a thread in this forum about the problem because someone cut and paste a quote from Dell that was published in a tech article which mentions the fault. Dell Community managers assumed this was a resolution from Dell. WHAT??

Good day to you.

June 28th, 2020 14:00

Not sure if you realise that people are still returning faulty products and then being shipped another faulty product? And Dell have NOT acknowledged it. In fact, Customer Service go silent when you mention it and as a paying customer, I dont accept a quote in a tech article as personal customer understanding or acknowledgment. In fact I had to Google it to find out!! I'm also not interested in any comparisons to other computer brands like Apple. I'm not a fanboy of either. I can compare all kinds of tech service. This issue is with Dell and their selling a premium priced product, and not having appropriate customer service to resolve the issue in place. 

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

June 28th, 2020 14:00

It is an issue that hasn't been solved, but Dell has acknowledged it and is working on a fix.  Given how new these are, that's actually a relatively rapid development.  Contrast that with Apple:  they sold a known-defective keyboard design for four years (2015-2019) before they gave up and redesigned it.

No Events found!