Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

April 5th, 2020 20:00

XPS 13 7390 2-in-1, Speaker audio distortion

I have a Dell XPS 13 - 7390 2-IN-1 which I purchased couple of weeks back , I really like everything about the laptop except that I have been having an issue with its built in speakers, When I listen to podcasts or online tutorials when someone is speaking i hear distortion for 50% of the words they speak . This is not a driver or software issue as I am able to replicate it under both windows and ubuntu live boot . when i play the same audio on my 6 year old laptop or on my phone or on my pc I dont have that distortion . So there is nothing wrong with the audio . And it happens with almost all of audio especially when someone is speaking . Listen to the audio that I have attached so that you can hear for yourself . Is this a known issue or a QC issue ? . Will replacing my laptop fix the issue ? . 

I played the video on the microsoft page , set the volume to max (issue even occurs at 80% volume)and recorded it using my mobile phone , listen to it and you can hear the distortion

Original Audio:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/principles-cloud-computing/4-cloud-deployment-models

Recorded audio using my Mobile phone(the screeching sound towards the end of almost 50% of the  words in the audio) :

https://soundcloud.com/user6840280/dell-xps13-audio-distortion

3 Posts

May 14th, 2020 11:00

I had been having the same issue and after just receiving the laptop back with the speakers changed by dell, I experience the same audio distortion and crackling again and even worse. I have been speaking to dell care and they are asking to send the PC back again for thorough diagnosis. I believe the small 13 inch chasis inside isn't sitting well with other metal components and strongly believe that the speaker crackling noise will still be there even after replacing the speakers for the second time. Will keep updated.

1 Message

August 7th, 2020 10:00

Hi there

Has anyone identified a solution for the above issue. If so, I would highly appreciate it if you could let me know how you had the volume fixed.

Regards

Sunil

1 Message

August 26th, 2021 08:00

I am also having the same issue. I am so in love with the form factor of the laptop, but the speakers are driving me mad. Funnily, I have search eBay and Amazon for an original new set that I can but to replace the one I have but I cannot find the specification. Please I need help. 

No Events found!