Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 29th, 2020 17:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 the rubber strip at the bottom came off after two months

My XPS 13 7390 2 in 1, the rubber feet came off and Dell technical support refused to cover it under warranty as it is expected due to wear and tear. I am confused as in, how normal wear and tear can cause the rubber feet to come off just after two months unless it's a flaw with poor design. Anyways, since Dell has refused to fix it, I was wondering, what else can be done to replace the rubber feet? 

1 Message

May 18th, 2020 15:00

I have had the exact same issue expect I have had my computer since November

1 Message

May 27th, 2020 16:00

I've had the same issue as well! Also got my computer in November. SEVERELY disappointed to hear Dell wouldn't cover it. I haven't contacted yet, but I still plan to try.

2 Posts

June 5th, 2020 12:00

Did you find a solution? This happened to me too. It's obviously a design flaw/ defect. Many people complained about this issue on reddit they fixed for some before closing the thread. Don't know why they fixed it for some but not others. Customer service even acknowledge that it was a manufacturer defect, but still kept saying he it's against policy. I read the warranty policy and if he acknowledges it's not wear and tear and it's a defect than it should be covered. And why can't I write a review for this product. The write a review button is no longer there? I'm I missing something?

2 Posts

June 5th, 2020 12:00

Did you find a solution? This happened to me too. It's obviously a design flaw/ defect. Many people complained about this issue on reddit they fixed for some before closing the thread. Don't know why they fixed it for some but not others. Customer service even acknowledge that it was a manufacturer defect, but still kept saying he it's against policy. I read the warranty policy and if he acknowledges it's not wear and tear and it's a defect than it should be covered. Unless they have two different policies one they show customers and one employees. Never had such a terrible customer service experience in my life. The 1st time I called the person pretended to put me on hold and then hung up. After years of buying dell products this will be the last for me and my family. And why can't I write a review for this product. The write a review button is no longer there? I'm I missing something or are they blocking reviews now as well?

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

July 29th, 2020 13:00

I am having this issue as well.  This happened when the computer got hot during a windows update.  The rubber separated and is now elongated.   I am currently trying to get support for this but have not had any luck.  I was hoping they could fix it based on the hardware warranty or they could send me a new rubber piece to repair myself.  So far I have been transferred in circles and have not gotten anywhere.  1 hour and 5 transfers later.  They transfer me as soon as they hear my question but are never the right department.  This seems like a silly reason to be annoyed with a $1700 computer.

August 30th, 2020 10:00

Same thing just happened to me with my XPS 13. Now I have a piece of plastic tape holding the rubber to the bottom of my computer. I would love to know if anyone has found a solution.  My computer is a 7390 & have only had it for 9 or 10 months and with relatively light use.

September 4th, 2020 16:00

Update - Dell told me they would not repair my machine for this issue, as it didn't rise to the level. Here is the quote: "We're deeply sorry, however. If the rubber padding is the only thing visible on the computer; it falls directly under a cosmetic damage issue. Thus, it is not covered by the Dell Limited Hardware Warranty. Should it be something preventing the computer from properly working, then we would intervene... "

9 Posts

September 8th, 2020 18:00

Have the same issue. This is so funny. I mean, I paid 3000 $$ and some for such a sub-par machine. Maybe I should've gone with HP.

2 Posts

September 10th, 2020 18:00

I agree - my XPS 7390 is doing the same!! This computer is not cheap and this is happening so soon! Very disappointed by DELL's attitude.

1 Message

September 24th, 2020 11:00

Same issue. Not sure how it is "cosmetic" (as one of you said) if the rubber strip is the only piece on the bottom of the computer that gives height for air circulation to the fan. Without the rubber strips, the entire bottom is flush with a flat surface. 

1 Message

October 26th, 2020 06:00

Mine was 8 or 9 months old, used sparingly around the house. They refused to fix it and when I pushed back, they said they would contact me several times and have not.

• 

25.7K Posts

October 26th, 2020 06:00

Hello, I’m your Dell virtual assistant. In case you have a question about your Dell system or need technical assistance, may I have the Service Tag or Express Service Code or order number, please? I’ll validate your system warranty and get back to you with the available options.

How to find the Service Tag: https://dell.to/31IuNIm

2 Posts

November 13th, 2020 13:00

I had the same problem and when the customer service person started to go down the path of "cosmetic damage", I pointed out that the rubber strip is responsible for raising the laptop off the desk to allow for sufficient airflow, and if it comes off it may result in over-heating.

After that they decided to repair it under warranty - they replaced the bottom cover.

November 21st, 2020 08:00

Same thing happened with me. Got my mine in November 2019 and the rubber started coming off in February. It has completely come off now, and seeing that so many people have this problem it's obvious that this is not due to wear and tear and is in fact a defect. Dell should offer a fix for this without charging us.

11 Posts

January 12th, 2021 19:00

I have the same problems. Dell CS informed it would be wear and tear due to normal use. I was argued with them that this issue had caused by poor design and quality of product. But again, they insisted the faulty had caused by customer and no warrant cover for this. I am currently upset with quality of Dell product which I have been using XPS series since 2011. P/s this laptop XPS 13 2-in-1 just bought it on May 2020. Next laptop will be other brands.

No Events found!