Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

February 20th, 2020 22:00

XPS 13 7390 crashing with Turbo Boost on

Hi, after running a few updates (all directly downloaded from the Dell Support website, such as updating the BIOS to 1.4.0), my computer keeps crashing within less than a minute of boot, with a variety of BSOD errors such as "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL", "WHEA UNCOREECTABLE ERROR" ,  rendering the system basically unusable. I've ended up reinstalling Windows (with a USB drive generated using the Dell OS recovery tool), reinstalled all latest drivers, and it does not fix the issue either.

The only fix so far appears to be turning off Intel Turbo Boost inside the BIOS, the machine can run longer periods without crashing, but this still doesn't solve my issue, and makes the laptop incredibly slow. 

Is this a known issue, and if so, are there any known fixes to this problem? The machine is the XPS 13 7390 (not the 2-in-1 version)

1 Message

October 21st, 2020 17:00

For what it's worth, I have the same issue with an XPS 13 9360. It becomes annoying if the battery dies to the point where the BIOS gets reset, then I have to disable turboboost or the laptop goes into a boot loop/crash.

No Events found!